Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hummus


I am a very big fan of the chick pea and I will eat them cold in salads,  cooked in chana masala or mashed into hummus. I have to confess that this is the first time I have made my own hummus. What was I waiting for? Making your own hummus is easy to do and the end result is far superior in flavor to anything you will find in a grocery store.

Ingredients

1 can of chick peas, drained
2-5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1-2 tsps of roasted tahini paste (sesame paste)
Lemon juice (one half or one whole lemon)
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Place chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and pulse until a thick chunky paste forms. Add tahini and lemon juice and pulse a few more times. Now run your processor on continuous and drizzle in about 1/4 cup of olive oil until your hummus has the consistency desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh vegetables and or crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment