Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rosemary Scones





















Cold rainy days scream out for a warm bowl of soup and rosemary scones!

My vegetable soup came together quickly from items I already had in the pantry and fridge. I try to always keep cans of diced tomatoes, corn and beans in the house.

I sauteed in a couple of teaspoons of EVOO, a small white onion(chopped) , one clove of garlic(chopped), and 2 each of carrots and celery (diced). Once all those were softened, I added a large container of diced tomatoes and a couple cups of vegetable stock. Next in the pot went one can each of sweet corn, black beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, and green beans. All were drained and rinsed before adding. For flavor, I added a few fresh basil leaves and a bunch of cilantro chopped. Salt and pepper completed the soup.

The scone recipe came from www.Food.com. Click on the link for the recipe: Rosemary Scones
I used Earth Balance butter and I actually used 3 tablespoons instead of only one. Instead of milk, I used unsweetened soy milk. These mixed up quickly and resulted in a light and fluffy scone.

No comments:

Post a Comment