Sunday, October 23, 2011

A-Maize-ing Corn Muffins!



Yes, I know that I am a CORN-ball!


The recipe for these mini corn muffins were adapted by yours truly from the cornbread recipe on the package of Bob's Red Mill cornmeal.






1 cup corn meal
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1-4 tbsp sugar (optional depending how sweet you want your muffins to be)
1 tbsp agave syrup (my idea!)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (I use soy)
1 egg ( I use Ener-G egg replacer)
1/4 cup butter (I use Earth Balance vegan sticks)
1/4 cup corn oil (optional)

Mix dry ingredients and add wet ingredients mixing until all are incorporated. Do not to over mix. Bake in buttered mini muffin pans for 20 minutes. This recipe made 24 mini muffins and 4 regular size muffins. Regular muffins baked for about 25 minutes. I used the toothpick test to determine doneness (tooth pick placed in center of muffin comes clean)

No comments:

Post a Comment