Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spicy Three Bean Salad, OLE!


Spicy Three Bean Salad

3 cans of beans drained and rinsed. Any kind: black, kidney, pinto, chick peas...or two cans beans and one of corn
1/2 a medium red onion, diced
5-6 scallions, chopped
A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup of EVOO (extra virgen olive oil)
1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
The juice of one lime
Salt & pepper to taste
As many drops of tabasco or cholula hot sauce as you wish.

This is a staple in my house that I usually make once a week. It can be eaten cold as a snack with chips or as a main dish warmed up on rice. I vary the beans, depending on what I have in my pantry and sometimes I use corn. Please note the amounts of oil and vinegar are approximate. I have to admit that unless I am baking I don't really pay too much attention to exact measurements.


No comments:

Post a Comment